23 November 2009

a very special new etsy shop


marsha neal has opened a new shop called my mom pattie over in etsy...  it is a neat concept, bringing together different designers and bringing them together for this cause... she is an incredible woman, great artist, devoted daughter/wife/mom... she has been sharing the story of the life and loss of her beautiful mom in her 'a blog in memory of my mom pattie' ... 

the shop is best described in her own words:




Welcome to the My Mom Pattie Etsy Shop. My mom always wanted to open a small specialty boutique retail store in Old New Castle here in DE, and I was going to help her once I was old enough. Since that never happened, this Etsy shop will be run by me in her memory...


My Mom Pattie passed away in September 2007 after battling Leukemia. Find out more information about her, memories, photos, and how I'm dealing with the loss of her through my blog to her: www.MyMomPattie.Blogspot.com. 



All of the proceeds from the item sales from this shop will be donated to a non-profit organization. Right now the monies are being collected to donate a room to "My Mom Pattie" at the Tri-State Bird Rescue (DE) annex project. My mom loved feeding, providing habitat in her garden, and watching birds. And with the help from your purchases, there will be a permanent place in her memory where sick or injured birds can be taken care of.

when shopping for yourself or for friends and family, how much more meaningful would a gift be than from this shop? please spread the word & help marsha realize her dream... 

5 comments:

  1. What a touching idea and how wonderful of you and Lorelei to participate and promote Marsha's shop. I'll be sure to visit, as well as read more about it on the blog.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for drawing my attention to this. I am going to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift of hope that you are providing. You and Lorelie and Marsha. I sent her a note to congratulate her on this wonderful venture and to inquire as to how I can help as well. I love this idea and is similar to one I had, but I would love to be a part of this larger wonderful cause. I already have my eye on something from the shop. Thanks for sharing this. You have a kind and generous spirit MJ! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey you, I've been trying to email you but get this message about my emails from your ISP: currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system

    Just so you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful Mare!! earrings are perfects!!

    ReplyDelete

your thoughts and time are respected - thank you... responses back to you will arrive privately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...